Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chugging along

This week has primarily been taken up with catching up with my "regular" job since I was off last week doing the Mommy thing in getting Jordan ready and off to kindergarten. After the first initial breakdown in the cafeteria by him on the first full-day of kindergarten, he has taken to it quite well and loves it. He even told me yesterday that he now is getting used to his new before and after school care place -- and he only started that on Monday. Our little boy is growing up!

I am planning on blogging about the Thursday workshop. I've been processing the event for the past week... it didn't go as planned, but I learned a lot from it. In retrospect, it was okay. A learning experience. A chance to know what to do / what not to do the next time. And, I have two leads to follow up on! :-)

Last Saturday, after finding myself with a little time alone in the evening, I just took out the perfume oils and started creating. I meant to write down what I was doing, but then just started adding certain oils until I found a combo I loved. I had a little bit of shower gel left in a bottle, so I added it to it (I'd been making samples out of it prior to then). I then created another scent for a little bit of lotion I had left. Yummy! Both were leafy/floral combos. I found I liked them better the day after. Even though I am mostly a "Leafy," I love some of the florals. I just cannot let go of the Rose, Lily, Lilac, or Violet. I also love the Lavendar, which is in the Herby family. That's the great thing with Urban Botanic, though: you can go outside of what your Scent Personality is and just go with what you like! The guests at the Thursday workshop created some yummy combos that I am also itching to try, or at least experiment with. Pomegranite was a hit that night, plus Egyptian Musk.

That has to be my happiest part of being a fragrance designer for UB -- seeing people get excited and be happy with what they've created.

1 comment:

UB Queen Bee said...

Awesome work Kim! You are really getting it and I'm so excited how you've found ways to introduce the company with the 3rd party approach ;)